On-demand webinars and sessions
Recruitment & Retention: Solving the Staffing Crisis
How can we cater for our employees' unique human needs, bringing out their best work and cultivating a happy, productive business? Our expert panel discuss everything from finding the top talent to retaining them. Let's come together to fix the staffing crisis!
Host: Charles van Goch, Chief Empowering Officer - Hospitality Synergy Group
- Jolanda Sadni, GM - Ink Amsterdam
- Melle Pegman, Owner - Hotelprofessionals
- Floris Kemper, GM - Château St Gerlach
Our expert panel discuss solving the staffing crisis. Reviewing new ways of recruiting, the use of flexible and non-permanent contracts, and ultimately, how to market your hotel as a great career move!
Host: Thom Roelofs, Project Leader & Freelance Interviewer - Bookboon Publishers
- Joachim De Looij, MD - Bunk Hotels
- Esther Visser, HR Director - Apollo/ Leonardo Hotel
- Gabriella Esselbrugge, Owner - Dames van de Jonge
Standing The Heat: The Business of Mental Health
Mental health continues to be a major issue across the hospitality industry. Long hours and high-pressure working environments, along with an increasingly over-stimulated and over-exposed workforce can equate to a burn-out, or worse. This session explores the initiatives hospitality businesses can champion and provides pointers to operators for dealing with mental health issues.
- Viona Terleth, Co-Owner - Happy Millennials
- Martijn van Eijk, Owner - Martijn van Eijk Coaching
Experience Vs. Transformation: Stand Out from the Crowd
In today's world, consumers are seeking more than just 'experience'. They crave something authentic. Providing your guests with a meaningful stay, presents you with an unmissable opportunity to stand out from the crowd. But how can you connect with them on the most personal level?
Host: Ajay Kapur, Bachelor Program Manager - Hotelschool The Hague
- Michelle Zandbergen, Owner - Hotel Craftsmen
- Bruno Bont, Owner - Hotel Not Hotel
- Niels De Jong, Head of Operations - CityHub
The Membership Model: Creating A Lifestyle Brand
Guests that are less price sensitive, more likely to recommend and ultimately more profitable. Sound like the dream? Learn from the best as our panel of experts share their knowledge on establishing brand loyalty through building a lifestyle brand.
Host: Miluska van 't Lam, Editor-in-Chief - Harper’s Bazaar
- Edward Leenders, MD - De L’Europe Amsterdam
- Bram vd Hoek, CEO - Sircle Collection
- Joost de Graaf, GM - Soho House
Building Communities in Hospitality
Join some of the best and brightest names from within the next generation of hospitality leaders for a discussion on the importance of building communities within hospitality. Listen as our panellists explore how established paradigms need challenging and the importance of engaging aspiring hospitality leaders in the process.
Host: Luce Watson, Marketing Lead - Otolo
- David O’Connor, Head of Sales, Marketing and Community - The Alan
- Naomi Hollas, Project Executive - Oddity Events & Marketing
- Cat Pengelley, Leisure Sales Manager - Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Why smart scheduling matters for a happy hospitality workforce
It's harder than ever to attract and retain talented people in hospitality, so how can smarter scheduling improve the employee experience and benefit your business? Unpack insights into the factors that drive people out of the hospitality industry and the practical changes you can make to keep your most important asset for longer and the business benefits of doing so.
- Rob Foulkes, VP, Global Marketing - Planday
- Ellie Hickling, Head of People - White Rabbit Projects
Tackling the industry's staffing shortages
A combination of factors in recent years has led to some severe staff shortages in the industry, with some businesses forced to reduce their opening hours and adapt their offering to tackle the issue. Join a panel of industry experts as they discuss how to combat this vital issue.
Host: Kieron Bailey, Co-Founder - EXP101
- Chris Gamm, CEO - Springboard
- Mark McCulloch, Founder - Hospitality Rising & Supersonic Marketing
- Abi Dunn, Founder - Sixty Eight People
- Kate Nicholls OBE, CEO - UKHospitality
The People Collective talk "Sideways" learning
People are on every board room agenda and rightly so, but what do we really need to do to set up an effective people strategy for a new generation of hospitality workers? We believe that social learning, or "Peer to Peer" learning should be an integral part of any hospitality businesses learning and development strategy. Our teams have stopped looking up for answers & inspiration and are looking sideways to learn from the people around them who are going through, or have been through the challenges they are facing.
Host: John Mason, CEO and Co-Founder - Sideways
- Leanne Tester, Learning & Development Manager - Pizza Pilgrims
- Preeya Parker, Head of People - Grind
- Avi Collins, Head of People - Tapas Revolution